Monday, August 31, 2009

Broncos Game

Chris was nice enough to buy me season tickets to the Broncos for my birthday (well actually I had to convince him to buy them since he hates the Broncos). I took Gavin with me to the first pre-season game and boy was that an experience! At first Gavin was fascinated by the crowd and everything that was going on. But then as soon as the game started and the crowd got loud Gavin started screaming. He screamed (as opposed to crying) every time the crowd got loud and even when the announcer spoke. By the end of the 1st quarter he got over that and slept for a little while (of course he was swaddled against me in the Moby Wrap again). Then he woke up (it must have gotten really loud again or something) and couldn't get back to sleep for most of the 3rd quarter. So he slept lightly for almost half the game but I still had no idea what was going on with the game because I was so distracted by him. The only good thing about the experience was that Gavin slept from 11-6 after the game which wasn't the longest he has ever slept but it was the most convenient long stretch for my sleeping. Needless to say Gavin won't be coming with me for any of the more important games this year. Hopefully he gets over the fear of loud noises so he can come with me in future seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment