We are in culture shock in Texas!! The lifestyle of our neighborhood is
SOOOO different than Conifer! We live on a
culdesac with 5 other houses that each have 2 kids (and I think most have a dog too). All of the kids are older - most around 4-8 but Gavin still loves to go see what they are doing and to try and keep up with them. The other night when I was walking the dog I got invited to a neighborhood party for National Night Out where they had an ambulance, fire truck, those blow up
trampolines, pizza, and alcohol! We met so many people and they were all very friendly. Many of the women I talked to stay at home, at least part time, and they all pay people to do everything for them (paint, yard care, etc). Coming from Conifer where we had to go to the grocery store in hopes of seeing another kid and where everyone does everything for themselves, this was quite an adjustment! We also noticed a couple people putting US flags in the front of every yard this morning (Columbus Day) - I can't even imagine what they do for bigger holidays! And Halloween is quite an event here - we are about the only house without decorations including blow up yard decorations. We asked our neighbors how much candy we would need and they said at least 6 bags! We didn't have a single trick or
treater for the 5 Halloweens we spent in Conifer!
Here are a few new pictures.


Gavin was nice enough to help Grandpa
install child locks on the cabinets - it was so cute to see him try and use his toy drill and screw driver! (remember how masculine this activity is before you look at the next set of pictures)
And totally unrelated to the move but still cute...


I (not we) bought Gavin a doll to help prepare him for the new baby. He loves the stroller that came with the doll!! He isn't very gentle with the doll yet - we are still working on that :) The second picture is after Gavin tried to sit in the stroller, on top of the doll!
No comments:
Post a Comment