Sunday, January 20, 2013

Three Kings Day

We learned about the Three Kings Day from our au pair Aina. It is a tradition in Spain that is their equivalent of Christmas. There is a parade (which the kids watched on the internet) and then kids put their shoes outside and the 3 kings leave presents and candy. The presents are often too big for their shoes so the kings leave some inside too. This all occurs on January 6th. Then you have a special cake at lunch that has baby Jesus and I believe it is a piece of coal. The person that gets the baby Jesus gets to wear a crown and the person that gets the coal gets to buy the cake next year. I found a cake (but it was more of a bread here) and it came with three baby Jesus'. The kids loved finding and re-finding the baby Jesus'!! Maybe the next time I want them to eat something healthy I will put a surprise in it and tell them to find it :)


Putting the shoes outside, and then getting them in the morning with candy and presents.
 Eating the Kings Bread/Cake and re-finding baby Jesus over and over again. They are both wearing crowns since our cake came with 3 baby Jesus'.

No comments:

Post a Comment