It is hard to believe that 4 years have already passed, and to think of just how much Gavin has grown and changed in that time. Although I have noticed that he still wakes up with the same stretching arms that I loved when he was a baby. I never got it on camera and was worried I would forget about how he pulls his hands to his face, elbows out, and squirms his body. I am pleasantly surprised to see the same thing 4 years later. I will try and take a picture of it now so that I can look back at it whenever he does stop.
Gavin had a 4 day celebration starting with treats at school the day before his birthday, a family celebration and Grandma and Grandpa arriving, a birthday party at an indoor soccer place that also had a bounce house, and then unrelated to his birthday but still the next day we celebrated Father's day and I had a work party at an arcade and go kart place.
These were actually from a 2nd family celebration since Colin and Jenn were out of town for his party. Kayla didn't get any ice cream because she didn't eat her dinner, but sweet Gavin shared his with her :)


Here is the soccer party. Did I mention that Gavin doesn't necessarily like soccer. When he took lessons he liked the drills OK but hung out more by the sidelines when the scrimmage started. I couldn't reserve his birthday party far in advance because Chris graduated 2 weeks before his birthday and we didn't know his work schedule until graduation. With that short notice I didn't have many choices. As much as I wanted to have a party outside at our house (I wanted to do a mess party), I accepted that it is too hot in Austin and I have been torturing our guests for 2 years now. I reserved Gavin's party, sent the invite, and then told him all about it the next morning. After talking to some other parents I guess 4 year olds might have more input and opinions about their party. Luckily Gavin is so laid back that he didn't care at all. I can definitely see Kayla having strong opinions about her 4th, and maybe even 3rd birthday party, but not Gavin.

Gavin did request one thing for his party - monster trucks all over (meaning a theme).
The soccer facility also had a trapeze and lots of the kids (and adults) were thoroughly entertained by it.
Soccer didn't last long with this group. They also played red light green light and here they are playing dodge ball, which is basically just attack Chris with balls.
I couldn't get a clear picture when the car was moving, but here is how tuckered out they were after the party.
No comments:
Post a Comment