Friday, September 25, 2009

Daycare is too exciting to sleep

Gavin started daycare on Wednesday (the weather forecast was way off and we got less than an inch of snow that day). He seems to really like it. When I dropped him off today there was a 5 month old baby girl who is only there on Fridays. She was very excited to see Gavin (since she had been the only one there all morning) and they smiled and cooed at each other a lot! I didn't think Gavin would interact with other babies for a few more months so I was happily surprised. There is only 1 infant there full time and a few others that come one day a week so Gavin will be well cared for and will meet a number of other babies around his age. The 5 month old baby girl and the full time baby who is 3 weeks younger than Gavin are both so tiny compared to Gavin! Gavin hasn't been sleeping very well at daycare (as expected since he is very sensitive to sound). He comes home so exhausted that he takes a nap right away. Last night he slept from right before I picked him up at 4:45 until 9:30! I am hoping he gets better at sleeping at daycare so that I can have more awake time with him in the evenings!

No comments:

Post a Comment