Chris had the day off on Monday so we spent his 3 month b-day hanging out and we even took Gavin for his first hike. We took him to our favorite trail which is pretty simple so we were able to take him in the BOB stroller. It was a little bumpy but he was still able to fall asleep so it must not have been that bad. It was probably about as bumpy as our road. Unfortunately we didn't get a picture, next time. Gavin has his first cold and coughs a lot and has a very stuffed up nose! We have been surprised that he still doesn't hold and play with toys. It is a bit hard to keep him entertained with just looking an listening to toys. Chris likes to make faces at Gavin and sometimes it scares Gavin so much that he cries! We are starting to put Gavin in things that require him to sit up supported and hold his head up. His neck still isn't strong enough to stay in these toys for long but we figure it is helping him build strength and we wanted some new toys to play with. Here is a picture of Gavin at 3 months in his Bumbo.
And here are a couple of other things that Gavin did on his 3 month b-day - swinging in the hamock and going for a walk with Dad in the back pack.
I am officially back to work today (although this is what I am spending my time doing). I waited until Gavin was 3 months old which is why I am returning to work on a Tuesday. I am doing 1/2 days this week to ease back into things. I don't have a project to work on so I am just working from home searching for a project, catching up on email, and taking training courses on the internet. Chris arranged his schedule with REI so that he only works in the afternoons. So once I get on a project Gavin will go to daycare in the afternoons. It is so much cheaper to do half days so we are very happy that we have the flexibility to do that! The daycare he is going to go to is one of the 2 day care centers in Conifer. It wouldn't be my first choice for quality but it is very convenient and cheap. It would be such a hassle to take him to daycare down the hill where the quality is better but where we would have to drive 30 minutes each way to take him and pick him up. Chris started his morning "daddy daycare" this morning and I am listening to them play now. Chris has already shouted "we're putting Gavin in full time daycare" ;-) I think Chris is just bored with Gavin's limited playing ability.


No comments:
Post a Comment