Monday, January 11, 2010

Bad Habits

It's amazing how quickly bad habits form! Gavin has been in daycare full time for just 1 week and he already developed a sleep dependency! I found out on Friday that the staff at the daycare had been rocking him to sleep before his naps (even though they know we don't want them to do that). And since I didn't know I had to be strict about making him put himself to sleep, I didn't worry about it when he was so exhausted that he fell asleep during his last bottle each night last week. I figured it out this weekend though when we struggled to get him to sleep for almost every nap/night. It now takes 15-60 minutes to calm him down (without letting him fall sleep) and putting him in his crib and then doing it all over again when he cries. Grrrr! He was also sleep deprived and grumpy last week so we are now looking into home-based daycare and au pair services.

No comments:

Post a Comment