Sunday, October 18, 2015

CASA Super Hero Run

Since I volunteer as a CASA (court appointed special advocate), work as a contractor for the Department of Family Protective Services, and my kids are at a great age for super heroes, we participated in the CASA Super Hero fundraiser run. I planned to push the kids while I walked the 5k and then let them run the 1k (Chris was at work). Well the kids ran most of the 5k and I chased them with an empty stroller. They played through the 1k but that was fine since they had already run so far. There were lots of kids activities at the event so ti was like a carnival for kids. There was a parkour company there that set up an obstacle course for kids that included an 8ft wall to climb over. The kids did the obstacle course over and over again and Gavin really wanted to climb over the wall. He got really close and with a small assist and some instructions from a coach he did it! Now he really wants to take parkour classes. 

The group of Megan's coworkers who did the run 



No comments:

Post a Comment