Sunday, October 18, 2015

July Vacations

The kids went to Las Cruces for about 2 weeks in July to stay with Grandma and Grandpa. They did a golf, swimming, and tennis camp while they were there and spent the rest of the time in the pool, eating junk food and breaking rules.

While they were having fun breaking rules Chris and I had our first adult vacation since they were born. We went to Routan Honduras to scuba dive and relax. We did about 10 dives including one amazing dive at a ship wreck. We aren’t certified to dive in wrecks but we had a strong group of divers so our guide took us in. We also swam through a lot of tunnels or swim throughs. I didn’t like the swim throughs that were dark and swam above the group when they got to those ones, but the ones that were a little more open and light were beautiful. In one of these swim throughs we came around a corner and there was an angry eel just inches away from us. At the end of the dive we found out that only a few of us had seen the eel and the others just naively swam past it. I got a ton of jelly fish stings which were incredibly itchy and bothered me for about a week after the vacation. I also ran out of air on the ship wreck dive but it was well controlled and I was able to buddy breath off the guide’s tank to continue the dive. 

The kids on their first day of golf, swimming and tennis camp




No comments:

Post a Comment